Montag, 1. Oktober 2012

Making of 'Black Lightning'

Hello everybody 。 ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

It's been a long time since I made my last blog entry 。 Now it's finally time for a new one! I decided to write my blog in English from now on! I hope my English skills are not too bad 。 o(╥﹏╥)o
I'll do my best!

Some days ago I worked on a redesign of my original character 'Black Lightning' 。


Black Lightning is a cyborg-cat with electric power 。 I created her when I was around 16 years old 。 At that time she looked like this:


Back then she was an android, but I decided to change her into a cyborg-cat, so I can create more personalitiy on her look and character 。 I replaced the huge claws with motorcycle tires and screws 。 They're perfect for her element and I think they make her design look more special 。 (●´∀`●)

Now I'll show you step by step how I worked on this picture 。 It was hard work and it took a long time, but I had lots of fun while working on this piece 。

First step: Drawing a rough sketch 。
Second step: Working out the details 。
Third step: Inking the lines with black ink 。
Fourth step: Starting colouring with the palest tone of each colour on the picture 。
Fifth step: Adding the shadows 。
Sixth step: Drawing the background 。
Seventh step: Adding light reflection with opaque white (if necessary) 。



How I coloured the motorcycle tires:


Drawing the background and adding the light reflection:


Done 。 (⌒▽⌒)ノ♥



I hope you liked my little making of and my character Black Lightning 。  (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
By the way!!! I'm only working with traditional media, which includes ink, copic marker, coloured pencils and sometimes watercolours.

See you

Reyhan


Facebook ● Reyhan's Artworks
Deviantart ● Atylx89
Animexx ● Atyl
Twitter ● Reyhan_hana

3 Kommentare:

  1. Wowowowowow, Rey!!! *o*
    Ich freue mich sehr über den neuen Blogeintrag. (Hat dein Blog jetzt eine andere Adresse?)
    Die Illustration ist wirklich schick geworden. Klasse Design, klasse Umsetzung. Ich kann nur davon träumen analog so genau und sauber zu arbeiten wie du...
    Vielen Dank auch für die ausführliche Dokumentation dazu. Kommt sowas jetzt vielleicht öfters? :3

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Marco ^^

    Vielen Dank für deinen lieben Kommentar! <3
    Und ja, mein Blog hat eine neue Adresse.

    Ich freue mich, dass dir die Illustration gefällt. Ich probiere momentan vieles aus und schaue mir sogar was von dir und Mateja ab, da ihr immer so wahnsinnig tolle Sachen macht. Vor allem was die Coloration betrifft. Ihr seid wirklich vorbildlich! * __*)

    Hoffentlich schaffe ich es von jetzt an regelmäßig zu bloggen. Meistens vergesse ich Scans oder Fotos von Zwischenschritten zu machen, daher habe ich oft nichts zum bloggen. Aber nun habe ich immer eine Kamera neben mir liegen, damit ich mich daran gewöhne, Fotos zu machen.
    Der nächste Blogeintrag ist auch schon in Blanung! :D

    Danke nochmal~ <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh mein Gott!
    Deine Bilder sind so wunderschön, du hast wirklich unbeschreibliches Talent. öö Ich kann nicht aufhören in deinem Blog rumzublättern.
    Hast jetzt einen Abonnenten mehr! c:

    http://my-sweetamoris.blogspot.de/
    lg, Mell

    AntwortenLöschen